Going through a divorce can be extremely difficult and emotional, and you may feel a bit overwhelmed when deciding to file for a divorce in Sarasota. It is crucial that you have an aggressive and compassionate Sarasota family law attorney to advocate and litigate on your behalf as well as thoroughly explain to you your rights and options during each and every step of a divorce.
The Byrd Law Firm is here to help you make decisions that are right for you and your family. We understand that a divorce can turn your life upside down, financially and emotionally, as well as the lives of your children. We are sensitive to the stress and emotional turmoil you are going through. Whether your divorce will be friendly and uncontested or a hostile courtroom battle, we will help you through this difficult period by providing effective and efficient representation. We will protect your rights and strive to fully meet your goals.
A divorce is often a complicated and frightening process. Florida divorce law allows for no-fault divorces wherein neither party has to accept or lay blame. This often makes divorces simpler and less emotional than it would be in a State that requires you to assign blame to one party over the other. Your future is at stake so having an experienced attorney is essential.
Sarasota Divorce Attorney
Heather Byrd has been a practicing family and divorce law attorney for nearly 15 years and has a wealth of experience in handling family law matters. Drew Solnoki has been practicing law for approximately 8 years and he competently handles family and divorce law matters. Mr. Solnoki’s criminal law experience has proved to be invaluable when dealing with domestic violence-related cases, whether it is a divorce matter or a restraining order.
You need immediate answers to your pressing legal questions and The Byrd Law Firm will take the time to know the facts and advise you accordingly.
Some issues we will explore when discussing your case will be:
- How much child support can I expect to receive or pay living in Sarasota?
- How much alimony will I receive?
- What effect will a divorce have on my Sarasota business and investment portfolio?
- How will divorce affect the custody of my children?
- What kind of time-sharing (visitation) with my children am I entitled to?
- Can I attempt to modify the original court divorce decree and, if so, how do I begin?
- If my child was born out of wedlock, what are my rights with regard to the child?
- How do I get a restraining order against someone?
Please contact The Byrd Law Firm and we will discuss your rights and your options when it comes to these issues or any issues you may have in your case. We accept family law and divorce cases in Sarasota and Manatee Counties.
Areas of Family Law the firm & our attorneys handles:
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Equitable Distribution of assets and liabilities
- Modifications of prior decrees or agreements
- Paternity Rights
- Mediation Hearings
- Restraining Orders and Injunctions
- Domestic Violence
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Separation Agreements
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact The Byrd Law Firm today for a consultation. We are here to help!